Friday 8 July 2011

Music and Me

In 2007 I became seriously into music, going to live concerts regularly and buying albums in general. In 2008 I taught myself how to play the guitar, shortly after that I started writing my own songs. In 2010, I formed my own band with two other friends from two different bands, we wrote 3 songs in one practice. However nothing else came from that and we disbanded shortly after. Also that year I jammed with a few bands and me and my friend used to jam every Wednesday afternoon then this open mic night at a pub on Wednesday evenings. We covered songs by Incubus and Badly Drawn Boy. After this however, I decided that I would go back to writing and recording my own songs, which is what I am still doing now. I can write about 10-15 songs daily if I am feeling in a creative mood, and record a 5 track E.P in about half an hour. About five weeks ago however, I was invited by the friend who I was jamming with to join a funk/jam band called Danny Dangerously Band. I jumped at the chance and in the first week I was asked to play rhythm guitar for this band which I am still doing now. We practice every Wednesday evening and we have a few gigs coming up in the summer. The first gig will be at the Goffs Park Social Club in Crawley, the next gig will be at The Apple Tree in Crawley and the third gig will be at The Shelley Arms pub in Horsham. I am looking forward to playing these gigs as I have never played live with a band before and I am sure that it will be nerve wracking and exhilarating experience.  As I've said before, my band is a funk band so in practices we will sometimes have these Jam's which will last up to around 10 minutes at times, we hope to make every show we play a different experience, weather it's in terms of set-lists or in theatrical terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment